Las Vegas City Guide: Carson Street Clothiers vs. BPMW
All eyes are on Las Vegas for these two days. A bevy of shows have commenced at the Venetian, and anyone’s who’s anyone copped a flight and hotel deal to catch a glimpse of the last remaining SS14 collections before they hit the runway and stores next year. For some, this is their first business trip to Vegas and for seasoned vets, this is another round with Sin City’s bars, clubs, restaurants, and shopping areas. You didn’t think it was all work and no play did you?
Well first-timer, we got recommendations from two people that know their way around Vegas. We got the low down on the town from Matt Breen of Carson Street Clothiers and our very own Matt Breen of BPMW (crazy coincidence). Read on to find out where to eat, drink, and be merry after the shows.
Sage at CityCenter
Best Restaurant in Vegas:
- Matt Breen, Carson Street: Sage – “Sage at CityCenter’s Aria is by far my favorite restaurant in Las Vegas. It perfectly captures the fun, vibrant Vegas vibe one would want with an outstanding take on new American cuisine. Every time I grace “The Strip” this is on my to do list.”
- Matt Breen, BPMW: Golden Steer - ”Meat… Pause”
Golden Steer Steakhouse
Best Place for Late Night Drinks
- CS: Bellagio’s Lily Bar & Lounge – “This is a difficult question because my answer varies based on the day I’ve had. If I am looking for a low-key light night drink I almost always end up here, it’s a great alternative to Vegas’ many nightclubs.”
- XS at the Wynn – “If I am looking to turn in up a notch I will probably try my luck at one of Vegas’ many clubs, including my personal favorite.”
- BPMW: Circle Bar at Palazzo – “Close to temporary home.”
Bellagio’s Lily Bar & Lounge
XS at the Wynn
Best Stores to Check Out in Vegas
- CS: Crystals at CityCenter or The Shops at The Palazzo - ”No matter how hard I try to stay away I always find myself roaming around at either stores. It is admittedly a bit more commercial than I generally prefer, but it is always an inspiring experience. Unfortunately, for most you better have a big night at the tables before you make the trek.”
- BPMW: Feature LV – “Supporter of showroom brands”
- Bass Pro Shop – “Duh”
Crystals at CityCenter
“You’re heading to Vegas, make sure you don’t miss _________________”
- CS: A day spent by the pool at one of the great pool clubs.
Favorite Non-Work Activity in Vegas
- CS: “Whenever I am not fighting through the crowds at trade shows, I make sure to always take my wife to see a new show. Vegas is littered with outstanding shows at all times of the day, I would urge anyone going to Vegas to dedicate a few hours for a show.”
- BPMW: “Cab to the airport home.”