This post was originally published in the summer. We have re-edited for the current season. Happy travels!
We're in the midst of Copenhagen Fashion Week and the city's excitement is more vibrant than ever. Copenhagen, the capital city of Denmark, is more lively than the fashion capitals and the top tourist destinations of the world. For those heading to Copenhagen, you'll feel right at home and not because of the restaurant and store chains you're familiar with. The allure and moderately fast pace locales offer excitement for those seeking the rush of the city's hustle and bustle while the calm and relaxation hidden within the city bring a zen that's much needed on your vacations and work trips. Skip London, Paris, Rome, and Berlin, if you're looking for a fun place to journey to for a memorable vacation then bet on Copenhagen.
We're familiar with the city, but we'll admit that we're not experts. We turned to a great designer and good friend of ours, Henrik Vibskov, for the best the city has to offer in art, culture, booze, and hanging out.
- Noma- of course :)
- Manfreds - in Jægersbrogade, little snacks for lunch.
- RELÆ - also in Jægersborggade - good food - cozy place, good quality ingredients
- KOI Sushi-best sushi in CPH , supreme quality, 1 person controlling all production and very relaxing atmosphere.
Best Places to Relax
- Out on the water in a boat, or svimming at the Kastrup Søbad - a wood construction out in the sea like Helgoland in Germany, same thing but bigger and with a sauna
- Hiking in Amager Fælled - big green area with horses, cows, fruits, sheeps
- Refshaløen - abandoned shipyard area, cool building, forgotten houses, lost times
- Blågårdsgade & Harbo bar - good coffee and nice street
- Log Lady
- Mikkeller - new limited edition beers
- Eiffelbar & Byens Kro - classic Copenhagen bars
Best Tourist Destinations
- Lousiana Museum of Modern Art
- Arken Museum of Modern Art - contemporary art museum south of CPH
- House of Finn Juhl
- Netto-Boat ride - for sailing in the harbour
- Botanical Garden - old arts and crafts, steel construction, lovely plants
- Glyptoteket - ancient greece, rome, egypt and danish romantism, classical building by the founder of Carlsberg.
Copenhagen’s Best Kept Secrets
- take a visit in the city council (Rådhuset) 1 night every year they serve free pancakes!
- Sydhavnen Harbour - empty leftover area, with lots of interesting homemade houses