Jul 29 2013
We invited some of our favorite cats in the industry to check out the Capsule NY men’s show and put together a list of what caught their eyes. Here are the picks from one of our favorite international bloggers– Enrico Grigoletti of Contemporary Standard.
1) Those Italian guys have been in the game for more than a decade and they recently relaunched Uppercut, their premium line, with a solid mix of sportswear, technical apparel and contemporary cuts. That grey single breasted coat is the perfect blend of menswear and performance fabrics and details.
2) If you’re not familiar with Oliver Spencer shirting you probably should. The quality of their fabrics (especially cottons) is unbelievable and the fitting is never too slim. Because relaxed fits are we want during the summer, right?
3) It looks like a regular, perfect trouser by Gant Rugger but piquet on pants is exactly the kind of thing that makes everybody turn and say “uh, wait a minute…what’s that?”
4) When it comes to optical frames, Garrett Leight is always a good choice. Simple, refined and always classy.
5) I’m not sure if real Norwegian Postmen wear them – even if there’s a good chance – but the proportions of those perfectly crafted pieces by Yuketen makes them the right shoes for every outfit.