We invited some of our favorite guys in the industry to check out the Capsule NY mens show and put together a list of what caught their eye at the booths. Here are the picks from fashion stylist Corey Stokes.
1. "This brand was huge at last year's Capsule and this season it's even better. I, being a hoarder of knits, gravitated towards this piece. The simple spiderweb design around the contrast collar gives it enough detail already, but the inside birdseye pattern sold me. Not to mention it's some of the best alpaca wool I've felt in a long time." [Chop Wood Carry Water sweater]
2. "Another fairly new brand on my radar, Monsieur Lacennaire killed it with this slim fit cord pant. And now I have a valid reason to not wear a belt with the woven waistbanda big fuck you to you 'brown or black belt?'guys." [Monsieur Lacenaire pants]
3. "General Idea is definitely my top five at Capsule when it comes to amazing outerwear. Copping this classic toggle coat, with the slim silhouette, quilted sleeves, and leather toggles is a obvious win if you're trying to end up on a street style blog." [General Idea coat]
4. "The wide-brim fedora is definitely an aspirational piece for me. I have yet to own one of my own, but there is no denying that this luxe headpiece from Ian makes me very envious of those guys that can pull it off." [Ian Velardi fedora]
5. "This is where the fashionista in me comes out. I was excited to find out about Equipment's new venture into menswear. Your industry girlfriend most likely knows about Equipment, but now it's time for guys to get knowledgeable. I enjoy a great chambray shirt, but this silk alternative gives the look of the popular shirt with the comfort that only a brand like Equipment can give." [Equipment Homme shirt]