Let's face it, we can get a tad overzealous on social media. Too many TMI moments on Facebook and Twitter, sharing too many selfies and mirror photos on Instagram... It can drive a person insane (or drive them to unfollow you). For every great photo, there is a tragic one. Sometimes capturing a person in their natural state is not the best idea. So far the #capsuleshow hashtag has dodged terrible photos.
The #capsuleshow hashtag documents this season's traveling, show setups, the buzz of the shows themselves, and brand's development of their collections that were shown in Paris and Berlin, showing in New York, and will show in Las Vegas next month. If this is your first show and you're posting photos on Instagram, take heed the advice of Complex Style editor, Jian DeLeon as he explains The 10 Things Not to Instagram on the #capsuleshow Hashtag (as told in Instagram photos).
1. Anything that warrants the #ratchet hashtag (see: Capsule afterparty)
2. Photos of your pet, unless your pet is #Menswear Dog.
3. One of those Dudes be like memes.
4. Candid shots of people youll write a missed connection about.
5. Stuff you meant to send via SnapChat.
6. Product shots without a brands permission. NOT COOL GUYS.
7. Anything filtered beyond recognition.
8. Crappy outfits. Come correct!
9. #Hashtags #For #Every #Word
10. Pictures of food. Gross.
Don't be scared though, snap away and share all of your Instagram photos at Capsule New York at #capsuleshow. Only the good ones!